Microsoft Windows 10 is developed to work intelligibly in the computer to make it more useful for a user. According to various users, Windows 10 works smoother than previous Windows versions, but still, there is a problem that occurs. The Windows PC may display “The App Can’t Run on Your PC” error message.
If you are facing the same issue in your Windows 10 system then don’t panic as the guide will offer ways to resolve the problem by various methods. So let’s check which method is useful for you.
Here are the solutions to fix the error message
Check for the Right version of Application
Windows 10 has two versions, out of which you only can run one. It is either 32-bit or 64-bit version. Suppose you are running a 64-bit Windows in your system, then the application you are running must have the support of 64-bit. The same condition is applicable for 32-bit Windows as well. In this situation, you must ensure the right version of the application.
- Press Windows Key + S and type system information.
- Now press Enter.
- Click System Summary from the left pane in the window.
- Now navigate to System Type in the main window. You will 32 or 64 written right next to it
- Now check the application which is displaying the error message and find out if it is compatible. Remember, if the application is 32-bit and Windows is 64-bit then the two are not compatible.
- You can open the application in compatibility mode on your administrator account.
- Right click on the application and click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and go to Compatibility mode.
- Select the Run this program in compatibility mode for
- Select a version of Windows you want to run the compatibility mode and click Apply then Ok.
Enabling your App Side-loading
- Open the Settings of your computer.
- Go to Update & security
- Move to For Developers tab and click Developer mode under the Use Developer features.
- Click Sideload apps from the right side of the screen.
- Now restart your computer and check if the process has successfully eliminated the error.
Disable the Proxy or VPN
The proxy or VPN settings are maybe blocking the outgoing connections to Microsoft servers. Since the apps are not running in the computer system, then you should try to disable the settings. Before proceeding, you need to log-in your Microsoft Account.
- Press Windows key + X.
- Select and open the Control panel.
- Click the Internet Options.
- Select LAN settings and uncheck the box of Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Now, confirm the changes and try to log-in
- Turn off VPN and re-launch the Windows Store.
The methods are individually effective to troubleshoot the irritating problems. Windows is a renowned Operating System which has its own inbuilt tools to find the best solution for errors in it. If these tools are not workable, still you don’t have to go for any third-party tool since Microsoft Corporation develops their tools like Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit which you can download from the Microsoft’s official website. This tool will also help you to check the applications creating issues, and the operating system has blocked them or not.