Did you just purchase a Google Home Mini? If yes, then congratulations. Now, you need to set up your Home Mini and voice assistant. Follow the stepwise process given below to set up your Google Home Mini:
Step 1: Download and install the Google Home app.
- Firstly, you will have to go to the app store.
- Look for the Google Home app.
- Install the application on your device.
Step 2: Open Google Home app.
- You need to launch the app.
- Just tap on the Google Home icon from the home screen.
Step 3: Connect the device.
- In the Welcome Home screen, Google Home devices will get detected automatically.
- In case the phone is unable to find your Google Home Mini, then just press the Device button situated in the upper right-hand edge of the screen and after that select the Add New Devices options.
- Now, you will get directions regarding how to find Google Home Mini.
Step 4: Begin the setup process.
- Press the Set Up button.
- When you have connected with the right Google Home Mini, then your Home Mini will play a sound.
- If you hear the sound, then press the Yes button located in the bottom right side.
- If you fail to hear any sound coming from your smart speaker, then press the Try Again option.
- Now, you need to select the room where the Google Home Mini will be placed.
- After that, press the Next button.
Step 5: Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Now, you need to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi connection from the list of available networks.
- Press the Next button.
- Enter the Wi-Fi Password.
- Now, press the Connect button at the bottom.
- Go through Google’s Privacy Information.
- Hit the Next button.
Step 7: Conduct voice training.
- In order to get customized results, follow the guidelines to teach Google Home Mini to identify your voice.
- Or else, if you have completed voice training in some other Google Home device, then simply press the Yes, I am in option.
- Wait for the voice training to get over.
- Press the Continue button located at the bottom.
Step 8: Pick the Assistant voice.
- Now, you can select the Assistant’s voice.
- Just tap on Play Sample button to hear a sample.
- Select the voice according to your preference.
- After that, tap on the Next button.
Step 9: Enter the address,
- To get location-based services and information regarding the local weather, traffic, etc., key in your address.
- Now, you are almost done.
Step 10: Review all the information.
- Just go through the data you have keyed in.
- You may add a payment method if you want.
- Press the Next button.
Step 11: Go through the sample commands.
- Now the Google Home Mini device is all set up.
- Hit the Continue button.
- Now, you can use Google Assistant. You will be able to see a few sample commands.
- Just press Finish Setup button.