In September 2018, tech-giant Microsoft made an announcement regarding the release of MS Office 2019 for Windows and macOS at the Ignite conference that year. Some individuals get confused regarding the distinction between Office 365 and MS Office 2019. While MS Office 365 is a subscription-based suite that keeps updated with the latest upgrades and additions, Office 2019 at office.com/setup is a single-time purchase which is similar to Office 2016, and older Office versions like Office 2013 and Office 2010. The best thing is that users of Office 365 will automatically get updated Office 2019 apps.
If you earlier had an MS Office suite and you are planning to move to the latest Ms Office 2018, then the first and foremost step you shall take is to entirely remove older Office versions consisting of all the Office apps such as Word, Skype, Project, etc. You must do this before starting the installation process of Office 2019, or the new setup shall clash with the older one. Just go to the Control Panel, click on Programs and Apps and remove the conflict-causing suite from the list. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Steps for download and installation of Office 2019 on Windows PC
Download Office 2019 Setup on Windows
Follow these steps and download Office 2019 on your Windows desktop or laptop:
1. Log on to your Microsoft Office account at www.office.com/setup.
2. You may use your work or school account as well.
3. If you are using the Microsoft account, then click Install Office.
4. Click on Install.
5. To change the 64-bit version to 32-bit version or vice-versa, click on Other options.
6. Select the language.
7. Choose the versions.
8. Click on Install.
9. If you have logged on using your work or school account, then click on Install Office applications.
10. Choose Office,
11. Change the language if need be by going to Other install options.
12. Go to the Version section and between 64-bit and 32-bit.
13. Click on Install.
14. Wait for the download to get over.
Install Office 2019 on Windows
After downloading the setup, you need to install it on the desired Windows system. Follow these steps given below:
1. Click on run, Setup or Save File, depending on the browsing software.
2. Click on Yes when prompted by the UAC screen.
3. Allow the installation to start.
4. Close the screen when the apps and suite gets installed.
Steps for download and installation of Office 2019 on Mac
Download Office 2019 on Mac
Follow the steps given below to download the Office 2019 setup from the internet.
1. Log on to your Microsoft account at www.office.com/setup.
2. Ensure that you are logged on with the account linked with MS Office 2019.
3. Now if you have logged on using a Microsoft account, then click on Install Office and then select Install.
4. If you have logged on using a work or school account, then click on install Office Applications and then select Office 2019.
5. Allow the setup file to get downloaded.
Install Office 2019 on Mac
After downloading the setup, you need to install it. This process requires the internet so make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet.
1. When the download is over, visit the Finder.
2. Click on Downloads.
3. Run the Office setup file.
4. Click the Continue button at the lower right side of the installation screen.
5. Check the agreement and press continue.
6. Hit the Agree button.
7. Select the installation method.
8. Click on Continue.
9. Check the disk space needs.
10. Alter the installation location, if needed.
11. Press Install.
12. To install only selected applications to go to the Customize section and select the apps you do not need.
13. Key in the password of the system.
14. Press Install Software.
15. Close the screen when the process is over.
How to Activate Microsoft Office 2019?
You can activate the Office 2019 product by launching an app and entering the 25 characters alphanumeric product key. Or else, you can visit the website and activate the product. Here’s how:
1. Log on using the Microsoft account credentials at office.com/setup.
2. Click on Activate.
3. Enter the product key that you received with the Office 2019 purchase.
4. Select the country,
5. Select the region.
6. Lastly, select the language.
7. Proceed to the next screen.
8. Follow the prompts.
9. Hit the Activate button.