In the present time, businesses grow and expand the best when they are equipped with cutting edge technology. 8 out of 10 companies use Microsoft Office suite. Apart from being popular, MS Office has several beneficial features. Developed by bill Gates, Microsoft Office suite is available in many versions like Office 365, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, and Office 2007. The Microsoft tools make it easier to communicate and collaborate.
The Office components are extremely user-friendly and they contain built-in help files which are easy to access. Not to mention, Office has applications for both desktop and mobile phones. If you want to get Microsoft Office for your personal or business use, visit office.com/setup.
www.office.com/setup – How to download Microsoft Office Setup?
- Prepare your computer: Check whether you are running the recent version of your Operating system. Older versions of Windows or Mac OS X might not be compatible with the latest Microsoft Office suite. Moreover, ensure that the system hard drive has enough space.
- For purchasing Office from Microsoft store, go to the Microsoft Store. For accessing the store, you can either do a quick web search or go to office.com.setup. You will be able to see the range of available Microsoft products on the site’s homepage.
- Click on Shop Products tab. From the dropdown list, select Office. You will be redirected to the Office product web page.
- For selecting the Office which is right for you, you will have to surf the offered packages. The web page will offer a number of packages to choose from. You may use the top bar for locating Office products for Mac computer, for business use and for student and home use. Go to the version you wish to download.
Note: Under each bundle of the Office package, there will be a list of all the Office products that are included in the package. Verify and recheck to ensure whether the bundle you have chosen has all the products which you need.
- Now you need to add the Office package to your shopping cart. Below the Buy and Download button, there will be a list of all the OS that the Office version is compatible with. IF your computer system meets the OS requirements, click on “Buy and download now.” Microsoft Office 2013 works solely on Windows 8 and Windows 7. The system requirements are available in details at the page’s bottom.
- Click on the Cart button and open it. If you have completed the shopping and you want to make the payment, click on Check Out.
- If you are not already signed in to your Microsoft account, you will need to do it. If you do not have a Microsoft account, you will have to create one.
- After signing in to your Microsoft account, you can proceed with the payment formalities. You can make the purchase by PayPal or credit card. If your payment information is already allocated to your Microsoft account, then you may not need to enter the payment information.
- When the payment for Office product is successful, you will be provided a link by Microsoft for downloading the software. The file will get downloaded to your computer’s default download location unless you have configured your web browser to download files to another location.
Steps to Install Microsoft Office Setup
Installing Office on Windows
- Go to office.com/setup and open your account page. Open the page which has your Office purchase.
- Below the name of your subscription, there will be an orange Install button. Click on it.
- To install the Office setup file, click on the Install button again.
Note: If you have bought the student version of Office, you have to skip this step.
- Head to the default download location of your browser. Double click on the Office setup file.
- To run the Office setup file, click on Yes.
- Wait for the Office installation to complete. The installation may take up to several minutes.
- Click close.
Installing Office on Mac
- Visit the Office account page.
- Click on Install.
- Go to your Mac Dock and open Finder.
- Click on Downloads.
- Open the Office setup file.
- If you get an error message stating that the file cannot be installed, verify the download before you proceed.
- Click Continue.
- Click on continue.
- Click on Install.
- Type in your Mac login password.
- Click on Install software.
- Click on close when the installation of Office setup is complete.
How to activate Microsoft Office Setup?
In some cases, Microsoft Office activates automatically and you can start using Microsoft Office right away. If you have subscribed to Office 365, click on Sign in. If you have made a one-time purchase of Office 2016, Office 2013, or older versions then your office purchase has already been redeemed.
Here are the steps to manually activate Microsoft Office:
- Double click on any one of the Office suite program. For example, open Microsoft Excel 2016
- Go to the File
- In the drop-down menu, click on Account.
- Click the Activate Product button.
- Microsoft Office Activation Wizard will display on the screen.
- Click on I want to activate the software over the Internet.
- Click on Next.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the process of activation.
- For activation by phone, click on I want to activate the software by telephone.
- Click on Next.
- Choose your region or country.
- Call on the Product Activation Center telephone number for your region.
- Give the Installation ID displayed on the Activation Wizard to the Product Activation Centre.
- Enter the confirmation ID given by the Product Activation Centre in the Activation Wizard.
- Click on Next.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.