When the Do Not Disturb While Driving feature was added in iOS 11, people were a bit skeptical. This feature does not show any notifications that come when the user is driving. This feature was designed to silent all incoming messages, calls, and other notification while driving to prevent any interruption that may lead to an accident.
One of the best things about this mode is that one can set it to activate automatically. Therefore, even if one forgets to activate it before they start driving; it will get activated on its own. It detects motion and senses when the user is driving. In this blog, we will discuss ways to set up and customize iPhone’s Do Not Disturb While Driving feature.
How to turn on Do Not Disturb While Driving?
If you wish to turn on the Do Not Disturb While Driving feature, then follow these steps:
- First and foremost, pay a visit to the Settings app.
- After that, scroll down and tap on Do Not Disturb.
- Now, navigate to the segment called Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Hit the Activate button.
- Select one of the three methods to activate it.
How to tweak and customize Auto-Reply settings?
In the Do Not Disturb While Driving mode, users can message others when they are driving. You must be wondering how unsafe and careless it is. Well, these replies are generated automatically. When a user activates this feature, anybody who tries to contact them will be told that the user is driving and presently not available. However, if someone wants to get in touch with the user urgently, then they can simply text “Urgent.” After that, the notification will get displayed on the iPhone or iPad.
Steps for selecting Auto-Reply contacts
- Just open the Settings application.
- After that, press the Do Not Disturb option at the bottom.
- Now, navigate to the area called Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Select Auto-Reply To from the list of options.
- Select the contacts you wish to Auto-Reply to.
- You can choose No One, Recents, Favorites, or All Contacts.
Steps for changing the Auto-Reply message
- Open the Settings app on the iOS device.
- Select Do Not Disturb from the list.
- Go to the segment named Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Select Auto-Reply.
- Just press the text box
- Enter the required message.
How to set up Parental Control?
If you are a guardian or parent of a teen, then you can add restrictions. This will make sure that the Do Not Disturb While Driving mode cannot be deactivated. Find the steps to enable parental restrictions here:
- Launch the Settings app in the device.
- Go to Screen Time.
- Now, select Content and Privacy Restrictions from the list.
- Tap on the switch next to Content and Privacy Restrictions to enable it.
- Now, navigate to the Do Not Disturb While Driving option and press it.
- Select Do not Allow.