One of the best internet practices is always to keep your apps updated. Keeping programs up to date not only makes sure that you can enjoy the best and newly added functionalities, but it is also crucial for security reasons, as the updates usually include security patches. If you have not updated the Kodi app to the most recent version, then you must do it without wasting any further time.
Since Kodi app does not have the feature for automatic updates, users have to install the updates manually. Thankfully, the procedure of updating Kodi is very easy. But, you should follow the instructions carefully for avoiding any errors in the later stages.
Steps to Update Kodi App on Windows Using the Kodi Installer
This process is suitable for users who have downloaded the setup from the official Kodi website and then installed the app. Here is the method for updating Kodi on a Windows PC with the help of the Kodi installer:
- You need to hit the power button situated at the upper left-hand corner.
- Now, click the Exit option.
- The app will now exit and get closed.
- Launch any web browsing program.
- Key in kodi.tv/download in the URL bar.
- Or else, copy and paste the link into the URL bar.
- Browse the screen and locate the Windows logo.
- Click on the Windows icon to launch the listing of all the files available for download for Windows.
- Now, based on your operating system, select whether you want 32-bit or 62-bit installer.
- Download the correct file.
- Save the downloaded file on your PC.
- Now, launch the Start menu.
- Click on File Explorer.
- Go to the place where you saved the downloaded file.
- Locate the file you downloaded from the Kodi website and double-click on it.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- The most recent version of Kodi will get installed on your Windows computer.