Whenever you download images, songs, and videos or install any program on your computer, they all take up space in your system’s hard drive. Here we are going to show you how you can check the amount of free space on your computer to ensure that your computer system will never run out of room. We will show you exactly how you can do it on Windows and Mac computer.
Follow the guidelines mentioned below to know how to check free hard drive space on Windows:
- Go to the Start window in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Open the Settings in the lower left side of your PC’s menu.
- Tap on the System option.
- Tap on the Storage option located in the upper left corner of the Display page.
- And you can review your hard drive’s space usage.
- Now you need to tap on your hard disk icon below Local Storage.
- Now you will see a comprehensive list that shows you how much storage s specific file and program are taking up, that will help you clean-up the files and programs which are covering a lot of space of your computer.
Follow the guidelines given below to find out how to check hard drive free space on Mac:
- Tap on the Apple logo located in the top left corner of your Mac’s screen.
- After you open the Apple menu, you will get to see a drop-down menu.
- Tap on About This Mac option, present at the top of the drop-down menu. A new window will open.
- Now you need to tap on the Storage tab. You will see this option at the top the About This Mac window.
- Now you can review your Mac’s hard drive space. And you will find it in the upper-right corner of the window.
- On the open screen, you will be able to see the amount of storage space remaining out of the overall available storage on your Mac computer.