When you download apps, there is a high likelihood that they contain in-app purchases. If you have a child, then you must be worried about them making in-app purchases without your approval. In order to avoid running up enormous bills for extra lives or digital gems, just disable In-App purchases. Let’s explore the ways to manage the in-app purchases effectively.
How to disable In-App purchases on iOS?
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone.
- Open the Settings application.
- Go to General.
- Scroll down and locate Restrictions. Tap on it.
- Now, select the Enable Restrictions option.
- After that, you will be prompted to set a passcode for restrictions. It refers to a four characters long passcode, and it locks a few functions of the iPhone.
- Key in a four-digit passcode.
- In the next screen, input the same passcode.
- After setting the passcode, navigate to the other options.
- Turn off the in-app purchases by tapping on the toggle.
Steps for identifying in-app purchases from the iTunes Store
The iTunes bill might show a few charges which you do not recognize. Now, how do you ensure that these charges are related to in-app purchases? If you wish to find the receipt in your inbox regarding the iTunes Store purchase, then go to the Type section which is adjacent to Purchase. Search for In-App purchase in that section. Search for the In-App Purchases there.
Another way to check the In-App purchases from iTunes Store:
- Go to the iTunes Store and tap on the username located at the upper right-hand of the screen.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, select Account Info.
- Sign into your account if prompted.
- Go to the Purchase History section.
- Tap on See All.
- Check the Recent orders.
- Go to Previous Purchases and see the orders.
- Now, just see the In-App Purchase in the Type tab.
Steps for requesting an In-App Purchase refund
The process of claiming refunds is very easy. Here’s how you can do it:
- Locate the purchase for which you want the refund.
- Open the menu, and tap on Purchases.
- Hit the Report a Problem button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- You may have to give more details.
How to enable Ask to Buy for children?
Those who are a member of the Family Sharing group can stop their children from making any in-app purchases from their iOS or macOS devices. They simply have to navigate to the Ask to Buy setting. Doing so will notify them along with the organizer of the Family Sharing group when the kid tries to make a purchase The purchase will be successful only when the parent/guardian signs in using their Apple ID and confirms it.
Here is how you can turn on Ask to Buy feature in your iPhone
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Select Family Sharing.
- Locate the kid’s name and hit it.
- Now, turn on Ask to Buy.