Office 365 is a name given to the bunch of productivity software and services subscriptions. This Software as a Service solution comes with a number of applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, as well as services like email, collaboration, etc. Office 365 gives access to the apps and other services over the internet by offering cloud services. Office 365 has various versions like personal, student, home, and business. The most basic versions give you access to complete Office desktop applications, mobile applications for Android and iOS, Skype world minutes, and OneDrive storage.
Office 365 was undoubtedly a bold step taken by Microsoft to keep up with the dominance of the cloud computing sector. Office 365 suite is drastically different from other versions like Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, and Office 2007. Microsoft, in order to compete with Google which views software as services and to gain a secure footing in the market, came up with Office 365. With Office 365, Microsoft aimed at making sure that the customers do not move away from Microsoft if they want to move to the cloud. Just like all the other cloud-based services, Office 365 comes with a subscription. If you are going to download, install, or activate Office 365, visit office.com/setup.
Office 365 Applications
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Publisher
- Skype for business
- Microsoft InfoPath
Steps for downloading Office 365 Setup
From the web
- Go to the Microsoft Office online store. You can directly look it up in the search engine, or go to www.office.com/setup. Go to Office 365 webpage on the website.
- Click on the black button which reads “buy Office 365.” It will be at the upper right side of the web page.
- The page will display three options: Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Home, and Office 365 student. Click on the plan you want to purchase.
- If the Personal or Home plans are not meeting your needs or if you wish to make a one-off purchase then scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will find a button for one-time purchase. Click on the button and select your operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Buy Now” on the plan you want to purchase. It is a green button located below the name of the Office 365 plan of your choosing.
- On the rightmost side of the page, locate the blue colored button “Checkout” and click on it.
- Now you will be required to submit the payment information and Microsoft account login details.
- If you are not logged in to your Microsoft account, then sign in. If you are not a user of Microsoft account, click on Sign up and fill the form to create a new Microsoft account.
- When the purchase is successful, you will be redirected to “My Account” page.
- Click on the Install button. It is orange in color and will be located beneath the name of the Office 365 subscription.
- Click again on the Install button and the download process of Office 365 will begin.
- If you have bought the Student version of Office 365 then you have to skip the above-mentioned step.
From the store
- Visit a local computer store or Office supply store. Check whether they have Microsoft Office in stock.
- Select the appropriate Office 365 version after going through the different plans.
- Office 365 Home: It costs $99.99 for a year. It can be installed on five computers, five smartphones or tablets, and has a maximum online cloud storage of five terabytes.
- Office 365 Personal: It costs $69.99 for a year. It can be installed on one computer and one smartphone or tablet, and it has one TB of online cloud storage.
- Office Home and Student: It is just a one-time purchase which costs $149.99. It contains Excel, Word, OneNote, and PowerPoint.
- Office 365 Home Premium: It costs $10 for one month and $100 for a year. It has Word 2013 and it can be installed on up to five computers in a family household.
- Make the payment.
- Sign in to your Microsoft Account or create a new one. Enter your product key for activation.
- Click on download.
How to install Office 365 Setup?
- Go to your device’s default download location. Find the downloaded setup for Office 365. Double click on the Office 365 setup file.
- When the prompt comes, click on the yes button.
- Wait for the Office 365 setup file to run. After the file is run, it will start installing Office 365 on the computer.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. It may take a few minutes.
- Click on close when the next prompt comes.
- Office 365 is successfully installed on your device. You can start using it.
Steps to activate Office 365 Setup
- Go to start.
- Click on the Office 365 application icon.
- When the Office 365 app like Word opens for the first time on your device, an activation wizard window will open which will state that Office 365 is included with your computer.
- To start the process of activation, click on the Activate button.
- If you are not already signed in to your Microsoft account then a sign in window will come on the screen. Enter your username and password and click on sign in. If you do not have a Microsoft account, then click on the link to create a new Microsoft account.
- After signing in to the Microsoft account, click on Confirm on the My Account prompt. Click on continue for registering Office 365 to the account shown on the screen, you can also change the account by selecting a different one.
- Choose your country and language preference. Click on Next.
- Select Office 365 and click on Continue to activation.
- Fill your 25 digit Office product activation key in the box. Press enter.
- Click on close.