Whenever we want to play music in our system, a much-known software name comes in our mind which is called Windows Media Player. Still, the Windows media player is one of the best tools for playing music and movies. But sometimes it does have its own share of problems which pop-up again and again. Some issues with the Windows Media Player are easily being fixed, but some are typical to solve.
Here we discuss the issue which affects the media files such as .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .mov, and .adts. Just check it once, if any of these media files have a space in their path or file name, then you might experience the following error-
“Windows Media Player cannot play the file; the player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.”
Generally, this error occurs when the Internet Explorer encoded path to call the Create Process. Now, the Windows Media Player itself is not even capable of opening a URL-encoded path. Instead, it shows an error.
Steps to Windows Media Player Unable to play files on Windows 10
Firstly, you need to install the latest updates.
However, users are facing lots of problem with the Windows 10 usually due to their failure of updating their computer on a regular basis. To get all the latest updates, users can directly visit into the Microsoft update and install all the latest updates for your system. You might want to make sure that the Sound and other drivers along with the Codec files are successfully updated.
Sometimes, due to some other reasons, it doesn’t work, but below given tips should straighten things out, though it will surely require more work on the part of the users.
- Whenever there are any spaces in the name of your media files or the path of the files, then you should remove them promptly, and that might help you in solving the issue.
- If your media files are not in a Windows Media Player playlist, then you need to go ahead and also create it.
For creating a playlist, you need to follow the given below steps:
- Firstly, you need to fire up the Windows Media Player software.
- Then, click on the button which signifies Playlist in the left panel.
- Finally, an option will appear on the screen which says “Click here to create a Playlist.”
- Do that, and then add your music to
- Alternatively, an unsaved list will appear on the left panel of your screen.
- Now, you just need to drag and drop your favorite music there. And finally, you will have a new playlist.
Congratulation! Your playlist has been successfully created.